The video animation above provides a short introduction to AT Discovery and specifically, how you can use it for this activity. AT Discovery is vast – as a resource – so we are only scratching the surface with our video to get you acquainted with it. The second activity in this lesson will give you a good idea of what you can find at AT Discovery.
As a little more introduction, this is the structure of every AT Discovery category (the particular disability):
- Talking Points for (category) Assistive Technology in Education
- Situations Where a Child Might Need Assistive Technology for (category)
- Commonly Asked Questions for a Student Who Has (a situation related to the category)
- Solutions for Students with (category) Impairment
- Low Tech/No Tech Solutions for (category) Loss
- AT Available for (category) • Mid- to High-Tech (to borrow from ABLE Tech or to purchase)
- Case Studies of Students with (category) Needs & Possible Recommendations
- Helpful Links & PDF Resources | Video Resources
- Funding Sources for Students with (category) Impairment
You can see… there’s LOTs of information.